Sunday, August 27, 2006

Soccer Log: August 20, 2006

Los Angeles Galaxy VS FC Dallas


It seems like a dream ago that I set foot in the Home Depot Center. My life has taken a few twists and turns, the relationship I was in seems to have gone the same rocky path as the Galaxy. Despite new management and the return of world cup stars, things just haven't been working out. The play offs are still possible, we still have a future, but how much of this is just a dream and how much is real.

This is a key weekend. And after scoring in his first ever game in the green and gold, I can't wait to see Santino Quaranta. With any luck I am sure he will put up enough points on the board that I can miss the last minutes of the game as I stroll down the block to work.

Its difficult seeing the Home Depot Center on TV when your not sure the next time you will ever see the ground, its not as fun watching the game in the middle of the day by yourself wishing you were surrounded by other fans living and dying by the play on the pitch.

And Of course I am only a mild Galaxy fan by my own standards. And once Cobi Jones retires and if me and my personal connections to SoCal lost, I do not think that my dedication to the Galaxy would be strong enough to keep me as a fan. The jersey could be replaced, the scarves just added to the collection, and the Home Depot Center forgotten. Maybe.

A win today would put the Galaxy in a much better position, a loss would all but nail the coffin shut. And I can't help but think my own life is carrying on in the same fasion. Its do or die time. A win and the title isn't so far away, but a loss and we will have to wait till next season.

At least Cobi Jones is playing. I always knew we could count on him.

No comments: